• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 Installation needs repaired - How?

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled CS5.5, CS4 products, then had to go into the registry and replace the program "PhotoshopCS5.5" with CS6 just to get Bridge to be able to open files with photoshop.  Unfortunately, it now has no clue about a little application called Adobe Illustrator, or its corresponding .ai files.  I can no longer open files in AI with it.  I also don't even have an option in settings to associate a program with an .ai file.  It' not even in the list.  Brilliant...

Because Bridge is installed with Photoshop (I believe), I'm not really sure how to handle this the best way.  I've tried downloading the latest bridge and installing, but it already is the latest version, so nothing happens.  I suppose I could wait for an update, then try that again, but there must be a better way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, reinstall CS6.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have downloaded the Cleaner Tool.  I'll have to view the readme file, but I have concerns about how this all works when the last installations were performed with upgrade versions.  Is the last step (install desired version) going to work if no prior versions are found?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines