Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No system audio option in my Captivate 6

Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 6 and want to perform a software/video demo. My video has audio, but I don't get the System Audio choice when I begin a project. Please help.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching Adobe Community.

Could you please go to Help > About Adobe Captivate and tell me the exact version of Captivate?

Also is your Captivate a part of Suite, Subscription, Volume License or just a retail copy?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Captivate 6.0.0.199 and it's part of the Premier Pro Suite (volume license, I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Captivate 6.1.

SystemAudioOption.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So will the patch correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes Rod is right. You need Captivate 6.1 in order to get the System Audio option.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First, unless Adobe has changed something recently, I'm unaware of Captivate ever being part of a Premier Pro suite.

Secondly, I believe the availability of the "patch" was for Cloud customers only. The rest of us have to wait until Adobe releases a new version that will include the System Audio capability as an option. So you may not be able to obtain it as you are hoping. I really hope I'm proven wrong on that point, but I think that's the way it crumbles.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is Captiv8r correct? Is the System Audio capability available only to Cloud customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, only available in 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources