• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 Not Playing Audio In AVCHD Video Files.

Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I am creating a video for a school project. I have signed out a camera from my school's Media services department. They gave me a Canon HD camcorder, which records video ONLY in AVCHD format. On the computer, the file is a .MTS file. It playes perfectly fine in Windows Media Player, video and audio, but when I import it into to Premiere, I loose my audio. The audio bar does'nt show up, as if it's just a vide file with no aaudio attached in it. I need the audio, and I'm completely lost as to what to do. I have tried the software that came with the product, it didn't help at all. I tried a few other things as well, all without sucess. How would I be able to edit my video WITH audio?

P.S. In the timeline, the video comes up as a Purple bar, I don't know if that helps any. It is also labeled Purple in the footage bin.

Thank you for helping me with this issue!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the entire folder structure from the card, intact, to your hard drive.  Then use the Media Browser inside of Pr to import the clips.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to copy the entire folder structure from the memory in your camera onto the hard drive in your computer.

Then use the media browser in Premiere to navigate to your video (mts) files - they will be the only ones which will show - and import these.  your files should then play with both audio and video - unless you have spanned clips, which can be problematic.

Whoops - cross post with Jeff

Message was edited by: Alan Craven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links to help explain what Jeff and Alan are talking about

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0

-and http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/transferring-importing-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responces. I have read everything on the links that John posted, and I have done everything that both you, and the other links told me to do. Nothing has changed. I am still getting the exact same problem I was getting before. No audio. Either I'm not doing it right, or there is something wrong in the technical side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upload a clip.  I can test it here.

https://www.depositfiles.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines