• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uploading images and resizing? - and a few more suggestions

Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

We are running into a problem on our test site where the client has uploaded images and we are using a provided BC layout to modify. But the images do not seem to be auto resizing to fit the layout for the product catalogs. http://joden.businesscatalyst.com/antique-jewelry  

The images are bursting the layout at 250px.    i realize I could program a web app, but  doing this manually for every imager seems backwards.

I also find that inContext editing doesn't allow editing of the css files directly.

And the CSS editor inside file manager is terrible.  You cannot search and find the definition inside the pop up window and I'm also finding it is stalling when using Mac Chrome and failing to save.  

My question is, shouldn't the BC layout be auto resizing these images? 

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

BC doesn't resize images. The layout draws its style from the stylesheet called style.css, found in root > css.

As you can see in the image below, each list item is set with the same witdh of 220 px in order to properly align with the template layout.

css explained.png

You can modify that value to accommodate bigger pictures but you'll have to pay extra care to not breaking the overall layout. An alternative would be indeed to shrink the images. See several articles as example:

- http://css-tricks.com/ie-fix-bicubic-scaling-for-images/

- lookup max-width

Still, the best way to go about this, considering image quality, would be to just upload images of matching size.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Alex. The best option will be to resize the image before you upload them, as BC does not allow to resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can resize any image you upload im BC guys. In those cases yes the images are scaled in CSS (which is not great as your loading a full bigger image) and not a good method to suggest to people but under any image in the media manager you can click it and click resize.

IT is a bad resizer mind you an does not consider the image itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if they are using BC to add the picture to a layout or templete, they can add the picture full size then right click (or ctrl click for mac) and select properties and edit the image size there without having to rezise the picture in file manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines