• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another one that can't install Flash

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have W7 with IE9. I tried to install flash but it fails, even when IE is closed. I checked the background processes to make sure there were none running and it still says to close IE. I have also looked in the Add-ons and unchecked Active X filtering under Tools/Safety. I tried loading it thru the MSI but get the same results. I found a couple of articles that talked about a couple of MS updates, but none of those were loaded on my machine. I was able to load it using Firefox with no problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You can download offline installer for Adobe Flash Player : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Thanks for the help, but that didn't work either. I got the following error message, "Flash Player could not be installed because an existing version may still be in use. Please close all applications using Flash Player and try again."

I didn't have IE open and I checked my processes and IE was not running in the background. The only app that was open was Word.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Restart your computer and then try to install.

If needs use Flash Player uninstaller (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html) and install a fresh copy

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

I went ahead and did an uninstall, then rebooted and installed from my desktop and it worked this time. I think I have a problem with W7, because it will not do any MS updates. I think whatever that problem is, is what might have been preventing it from loading from the web.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, please mark this post as correct or answered

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines