• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 Crashes.. Boots and wants Adobe Update.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few [auto] updates from Adobe has caused a system lockup and sometimes blue-screens. I have updates disabled now, tiering down options from full-auto to "don't do anything".

I run Windows 7 64 Bit on an AMD quad-core, 8 gigs of memory, and 4x500GB striped array (300GB for system partition).

The sequence of events has been as follows:

1> System freezes then (maybe) blue-screens

2> Reboot system

3> Once I logon Adobe would popup an update notification

My activities vary, but most often I am just watching video with VLC player.

Currently I do not have any auto-update selected, however, after updating Adobe Flash Player my system is not freezing [seemingly] randomly again.  The problem this time did not begin until Adobe's most recent update was posted; or as it would seem after going back through the past few weeks troubleshooting this "jack-in-the-box" problem.

It has been very consistent that over the past year system lockups have all pointed back to Adobe Flash needing an update, even if the updater is disabled. I would love to remove Flash at this point but unfortunately Seagate has put faith in it and is required to access my NAS.  I removed Adobe from my other system that was having the same issue and it has not frozen since (very disturbing when 2 desktop systems freeze almost simultaneously / problem begins on the same date when nothing has been changed on he system -- my other system is a video surveillance server and is on 24/7).

I have waited to post this for months until I was certain Flash needing an update was in fact the issue (basically it is to the point of ridiculously not fixed), so here I am. This lockup issue comes, Adobe is updated, and issue goes away.  Even more frustring that this happens while I am programming so losing work is never fun, especially due to something as mundane as an application update.

It strikes me as odd that the Installer/uninstaller (FlashUtil...) is running.... Why is the installer/uninstaller running if the updates have been disabled? (sigh)

So what's really going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

< Moving the discussion to Adobe Flash Player >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post the details about the blue screens you are getting?

Also, what is your display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Regarding the auto-updates, can you post the contents of your mms.cfg file in C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines