• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to move my Ebooks from my C-disk to my D-disk.How can I do that?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For good reasons I want to replace my Ebooks from my C-Disk to my D-disk.

Moving the tree including and below My Digital Editions has no effect. It seems the programs only wants to see my C-Disk.

How can I colve this? I don't want to loose my annotations and remarks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

If you are a little technical you can move the entire directory tree from your C-disk to D-disk (easy using Explorer),

and then make a symbolic link from the old location to the new (needs command line mklink).

For example, find the directory   %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Digital Editions  in Explorer, and move it to D:\My Digital Editions\.

In case or errors, you might copy it, and then rename the original to something like My Digital Editions Safe

On more recent windows, you need to run the 'cmd'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are a little technical you can move the entire directory tree from your C-disk to D-disk (easy using Explorer),

and then make a symbolic link from the old location to the new (needs command line mklink).

For example, find the directory   %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Digital Editions  in Explorer, and move it to D:\My Digital Editions\.

In case or errors, you might copy it, and then rename the original to something like My Digital Editions Safe

On more recent windows, you need to run the 'cmd' as administrator and type

mklink /d "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Digital Editions"  "D:\My Digital Editions\"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines