• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why CF10 is dead slow unless CF9 is also running?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until recently I only had Coldfusion 9 running on a 64-bit 2008 server. Today I installed the Coldfusion 10 trial. The installation went OK and the CF9 settings were migrated to the new CF10 installation as expected. The instalation did not remove the CF9, which is good as I have something to fall back to if I run into serious code compatibility problems. After sometime while I was happily testing I decided to stop the CF9 services as I didn't think they were necessary any more. But as soon as I did that everything became really slow and even the CF Administrator login page took around 2 minutes to load. Things got back to normal only when I restarted the CF9 from the services again...

Why did this happen and what can I do about it? If there is no solution, is there a problem having both CF9 and CF10 running on the server even though CF10 is the version that controls all coldfusion pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the CF9 settings were migrated to CF10, the connectors from CF9 are still "wired up" into your web server (you didn't specify, but I assume you're using IIS).  You'll have to remove the CF9 connectors for CF10 to run normally without CF9 also running.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I had CF 8 running but now have shifted to CF10.

Id I disable CF 8 services,website doesn't work but if I restart IIS then website start working but too slow.If I restart CF 8 application service then the speed is fine.

Please sugest.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Have you removed the CF8 connector before migrating to CF10?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation