• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate PDFs

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSA388123F-28E5-4f2a-8620-83F7F5652A4A.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate a PDF, my numbered list is out of alignment if there is a different style inserted between a step. For example, step 1, 2, and 3 are sequential, but between step 3 and 4, there is a subtext paragraph. Then, step 4 begins all the way at the left margin and there's a big space between the number and the period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Diech

Your question has been automatically added to the RoboHelp forums. Getting lists to align nicely has always been fraught with problems but Rh9 allows the mapping of multilevel lists to multilevel lists in Word. That does improve things but I don't know if that will help you as I don't know what version of Rh you are using.

Regardless though, I suggest you first generate a Word document rather than a PDF as that allows you to do any tweaking that is necessary. Then you can generate the PDF.

There is information about Lists on my site and the Rh9 and 10 sample projects show the mapping of lists so that you can see it working.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter:

Thank you for your reply. I've been using RoboHelp 7 as a single-source for online help and to generate a PDF user guide.

I'm not sure if it would be too much work to tweek the format issues in Word -- I'll have try it. But then I would have to tweek it every time I generated it.

My manager asked me to open the help system with a trial version of RoboHelp 10. There are separate styles for lists and paragraphs. From what I can see, RoboHelp 10 is creating the original styles from Robo 7 in both lists. The styles in List Styles have a p- in front of the style. Should the style exist in both lists?

I don't know how to straighten all of this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference in the way lists are handled applies whenever you upgrade to 8 or above. It is described in Lists on my site and the clean up is a one off exercise.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Is it possible to generate a TOC for word doc or pdf without manually going into doc and generating? We have to do this manual process which is not practical for the amount of docs we do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on the issue here. A TOC is always generated unless you delete it from the layout. What are you having to do?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your question led me to review our print templates (which were inherited) and indeed we did remove the PDF TOC at some point. This will save us 100 hours of work at least.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do I send my 10% savings fee? Just kidding, glad it helped and will save you some serious time.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp