• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books downloaded not saving as Epub format.

Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The books I download from the Library are saving only as an ACSM file. I have Adobe reader installed. Is anyone else having problems with Adobe reader with Windows 8.  I had a computer with Windows 7 and never had this problem before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed.   http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/digital-editions/download.html

That will open the .acsm files and download appropiate DRM .epub files (or .pdf files if you are unlucky).

ADE should associate .acsm files with itself.  If not, do the association yourselft with windows 'open with'.

You can open .acsm files in ADE using drag-drop from explorer onto ADE, but for some silly reason you can't open them with file open (ctrl-O).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines