• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader library says my computer is not authorized, but it is. What do I do next?

Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just restored my computer from a back up.  Everything was working before my computer died.  Now I can't open any books in the reader library nor download any new books to the library.  It says the computer is not authorised to preview this page.  But if I check the Adobe Digital Editions program, the computer IS authorised.  Nothing has changed for my device.

I'm running MAC OS 10.6.8, trying to connect to a Sony PRS-650.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes ADE gets confused and in a half-authorised state.

cmd-shift-D (ctrl-shift-D on a PC) should deauthorize competely.  Restart ADE, then try to authorize again.

There are bugs in ADE2.0 (on PC at least) that prevent it working for Overdrive library books with PRS-350;  same bug may apply to PRS-650.

That can be resolved by ininstalling ADE2.0 (which also has lots of other bugs) and installing the much more reliable ADE1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines