• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install CS4 after deinstall - Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install CS4, I immediately get a screen with the error message "Cannot Install Please check the Quit button".

The problem came after I tried to install some plugins from Nik Software, and something went wrong. Then I tried to deinstall the CS4. It was impossible to install CS4 again.

I have tried allmost everyting I could read on the net including start the install program as administrator, manually delete CS4 files and folders and running the Adobe Suite Cleaner. Some details: Windws 7, 64 bit, CS4 11.0.2.

What can the problem be?

Soren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi soren,

CS4 software has not been tested and is incompatible with Windows 7.

If it was working fine for you before, you can uninstall the software completely by using the Cleaner tool ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html )

And then download and install the software from http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

Note : Make sure you follow the important steps mentioned on the page before initiating the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast answer.

But unfortuneately it is not a solution, as I have allredy tried that.

Soren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the problem started after installing the Nik software plugin. Have you tried uninstalling it.

Further you can try disabling start up items ( Ref.  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-startup-items-services-windows.html  )

Also try enabling the hidden admin account on Windows 7 ( http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist... ) and try installing on this account and check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuneately your latest suggestions didn't help either.

I normally have an image of the installation as backup, but this seems to be corrupt for some reason. Can I really have the situation that I have to make a clean installation of my systems disk to overcome the installation problem? This would take days.

Soren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At last I managed to get a backup image from before I started to install and deinstall up running. My problems are thus solved. My lessons learned is allways to assure that I have an intact backup image before starting to install anything.

Thank you for your effort, Rave.

Soren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines