• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no joy... iOS compile for standard mode debug...

Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a largish mobile / Flex project that I am compiling for debug / review / test.

In "ad hoc" release mode, it runs perfectly.

In "Fast" mode, it runs perfectly.

In "Standard" mode debug...

[SWF] gustavo_mobile_as_app.swf - 35,408,264 bytes after decompression

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at en_US$Messages_properties/getContent()

at mx.resources::ResourceBundle()

at mx.resources::ResourceBundle()

at en_US$Messages_properties()

at en_US$Messages_properties()

at mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl/installCompiledResourceBundle()

at mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl/installCompiledResourceBundles()

at mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl/processInfo()

at mx.resources::ResourceManagerImpl()

at mx.resources::ResourceManager$/getInstance()

at mx.styles::StyleManagerImpl()

at _gustavo_mobile_as_app_FlexInit$/init()

at _gustavo_mobile_as_app_FlexInit$/init()

at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::kickOff()

at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::preloader_completeHandler()

at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::preloader_completeHandler()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()

at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()

at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I have run through the code and there is an undefined reference for a Flex generated method. Because it happens so early on, it just kills the app and there is no way to work around it... yet I _NEED_ standard mode to test against as not all issues that occur occur in Fast mode...

Obviously, I have done nothing to modify core Flex functionality, and it works fine in the other compile modes, so can anybody direct me to a good way to resolve this?

Also, can anybody direct me to the appropriate bug base for Flex / Flash Builder? All the links I can find are either broken or won't let me in.

Regards,
Gaius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaius,

It's easy to feel abandoned by the Adobe team regarding the Flex SDK.  From last year they have moved to the Apache project and as far as I'm aware they are in charge of dealing with bugs in relation to the compiler.  (A shame, because I only just recently bought Flash Builder outright for 1000 dollars and there's absolutely NO support for features and bugs)  I've had problems in the past with the compiler/linker running out of JVM memory for a large application.  The Java SDK located inside of the Flash Builder directory has a config file where you can change the memory allocation as described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2294268/how-can-i-increase-the-jvm-memory

Though probably that isn't your problem.  Since Flex moved to Apache... if you have filled in the form and received the complimentary upgrade to Flash Builder 7.0, you can try upgrading your Flex SDK to Apache's version 4.9 as outlined here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14168790/installing-apache-flex-4-9-inside-flashbuilder-4-7

Best of luck!

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

But no, not my problem. I can compile fine, I just can't run the app afterwards - it throws a #1009 during pre initialisation that prevents any of my code _EVER_ coming into play.

I have compiled projects where this doesn't happen, so it _could_ be down to my code, but equally, the code that is affected is Flex generated code that I have no involvement with... So...

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaius,

It is the linker that decides which functions make it into the final executable.  If there is a bug in the linker with your current Flex framework, there's a small chance the Apache team have already dealt with it.  If they have not then I'd suggest placing a bug report with the Apache Flex project. 🙂

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

Cheers,

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So _THAT_'s where the bugbase got to!

I've been searching for a working link to tickets for Flex for months... Everywhere that is publicly linked is broken.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, it's easy to feel abandoned by Adobe...  at least now you could be able to debug the Flex framework yourself... if you're game 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grr.

I got to the bottom of it, I think.

<fx:Metadata>

[ResourceBundle("Messages")]

</fx:Metadata>

When the resource bundle declaration is included in main app, it causes the bug, when it is not, it doesn't. I have moved it to firstView now for the moment, but am a bit irritated to do that as I am declaring a globally referenced resource bundle.

Ho hum.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work - would have been some painful process of deduction.  Perhaps this is something worth shooting over to the Apache guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines