• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mental Block on using templates

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all! I'm new to BC so please forgive my use of improper terms and my ignorance in general

I'm trying to understand the work flow, and apparently I'm thinking about this all wrong and I need some help in understanding it. I'd like to start a new site that is nothing more than an online store. I start BC and pick an e-commerce shopping template and it creates it all, then, my intention would be to edit all the products and edit all the graphics. However, when I go to the Pages area and click to edit the pages, instead of WYSIWYG, I get the little icon for a graphic or missing graphic. So there's nothing for me to visually see, or click on to replace with my own graphic.

I'm assuming that I'm trying to edit things in the wrong place and I need to be editing the core template somewhere else, but I don't know where that would be and I can't seem to locate it.

Any help with that would be appreciated

Am I okay in using that method, just using the BC template for the whole thing, or so I really need to create something in Muse, bring that in, and then drag and drop modules or widgets into that Muse site? I'd really like to use BC for the whole thing if possible.

It's a very basic, simple online store, so what's available is fine, except for the graphics, which I'd like to modify

Thanks for your time, I appreciate the help!

Steve

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the URL of your site and let us check what is wrong on your site?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I think your refering to the products etc themselves?

Not everything is a page.

Products are found under eCommerce and products, in there is the content for the images etc.

If you are refering to the template layout itsefl it depends on the template. You should not really edit the html in the editor in the admin though as its ntot design for that but templates are under the Templates folder via SFTP and in the admin under site manager. Images and main layouts are there.

It really is best to go through the BC guides etc.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst/documents

On the right there are links to 3rd party guide sites and of course you have:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=business+catalyst+getting+started&aq=f&oq=business+catalyst+gettin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found it. I needed to understand how the site was constructed, and it looks like the template that is the "appliance king", uses a couple of simple things, and the majority of screen real estate is taken up by banners running on the adrotator. I found the "Files Manager" under the "Site Manager" and it looks like all those rotating images are located there. So if I create some new "banners", I can create a group and use my group instead of the ones they are using. I see that now. That's the part that had me stumped. I didn't realize some of the main images were rotating ads, rather than just images.

I think I have it now, but I'll try it and report back!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines