• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See Also and Popups (DHTML)

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a contractor and new to RoboHelp (have used Frame for 20+ years). Can you add a pop-up (DHTML) to a See Also. It only appears that you can link to a pop-up, but can't add it to a See Also, you can only add the main topic file? Is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but we need more info. Are you referring to the behavior of a See Also link? Not exactly sure what you mean by adding DHTML to a See Also.

If so, the link behavior is typically if only one entry is present, just jump to the topic. But if two or more are gathered in the SeeAlso name, present a popup listing the choices.

I do believe there is a tweak for the behavior if only one link is present, but I'll hold off until I hear back on exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. Hope this clarifies it more.

Within a Main topic, I have several dropdown hotspots (DHTML). Popup boxes that open with text and/or images.

From another main topic, I have a See Also link (that includes links to other topics, I know how to do this). I want to link to the info in the popup box (through the See Also).

You can create Flags on the dropdown hotspots and link to them directly, but it doesn't seem like you can do the same for a See Also. It seems like you can ONLY ADD MAIN TOPICS to a See Also link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've had a higher than usual number of rabbit holes that have presented themselves lately and I've been scattering my energies more than normal.

Assuming we are talking about the same See Also setup. (visit the See Also pod, add keywords and associate the keywords to topics) you are correct. All you have the capability of doing is linking to topics themselves.

You might find this odd, but consider the manner in which the functionality works. The control simply looks for keywords and associates the topics that way. Since a keyword is only associated to a topic, there is no way to insert it at a specific anchor and point it there.

If what you are looking to link to would stand as a topic of its own and won't need the context of the surrounding elements, you might consider creating a topic just for that and associating it with the keyword. Then if you needed the other topic within the context of surrounding information, you could use an Inline Frame (IFRAME) in the DHTML drop-down to present the content.

Hope this helps a bit. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp