• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-sizing pop-ups not sizing properly after converting RH9 project up to RH10. Any ideas?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to RH10 (the upgrade came with Adobe Technical Communications Suite 4 upgrade).  We successfully converted four projects that came over from RH9 to RH10.  I think my only issue is that all of my popups that were configured to open in the topic as "display in auto-sizing popup" are opening up as if they were in "page default" frame (see image map screen below):

Popups_Not_Autosizing_RH10.gif

We are running IE9 browser and Windows 7 ops system.  These popups worked fine and sized themselves so that we could click off of them and go back to the main topic before we converted the project.  ANY IDEAS????

P.S. I have already tried removing the display in auto-sizing popup option, then saving the topic, then changing back and nothing happened.  I did not change my css or the master page that the popups were assigned and which worked before the conversion.

Thank you!!  I wonder if I will have to redo all of the image mapping to each of the popups in order to get auto-sizing popups to work.  Please advise.

Message was edited by: DNCopeland I discovered another employee who has already moved up to RH10 was able to open the same project and see the pop-ups which open as autosized for her, not as a page default of the entire window as they are for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Sorry to barge in here, but I wanted to pass along my experience with this bug.

I found that autosizing (or custom for that matter) popups in image maps were working fine in Rh9 and broken in Rh10 in the Topic Previewer (eyeglasses icon) BUT NOT in the actual WebHelp output.

So, DHCopeland, are you reporting what you see in the Topic Previewer, or have you tried generating and viewing in the actual output? 

I'm still testing if there is any improvement after installing the Rh 10.0.1 patch. So far,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not something I have seen reported.

What happens if you copy the version that is on your colleagues PC to yours?

Have you tried trashing the CPD file with the project closed?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try deleting the current CPD while the project is closed.  This does not sound like it will solve my issue since my co-worker when viewing the same project from RH10 does see the image - mapped popups in the correct autosizing frame. Neither of us touched the master page for our popups (only created to avoid having breadcrumbs show up on all topics) nor have we touched the default.css file. I think somehow I have a RH10 setting different from what my co-worker has on her new RH10 installation. (We all install our individual software to our desktops, but want to use our projects from a network).

I am updating a WebHelp output in RH9 which uses a lot of "image mapping" to link topics to an image (in these cases a report sample) using the "Display in autosizing popup" option.  Interestingly it works for several of us in RH HTML 9, viewing the same project (a backup version not converted to RH10).  We have discovered the other employee who has upgraded to Adobe Tech Comm Suite, sees the topics that are mapped to an image containing the report sample correctly!  Somehow I seem to be the issue.

I have a backup copy of the project on my local drive, which also ignores the autosizing of the popups that are mapped to an image inside a topic.  I have discovered I can generate a new "popup" from the Objects toolbar to display as an auto-sizing popup, but not when adding a new image mapping.  The popup displays, but as if it were in the Page Default (none) option seen in the Hyperlinks first choice, "Display in frame".  When I hover over the image mapping to see its properties, I receive the same javascriptBSSCPopup(topic location) that I get with the successful new popup. Those autosize, just not when in the image map.

NewPopup_Successful_RH10.gif

Thanks for any other ideas. I am planning on trying to insert a new image mapping from my co-workers RH10 install and see if it also works for her, like the others that came over with the conversion from RH9 to RH10.

Message was edited by: DNCopeland I have tried deleting the CPD file for the local project copy, then reopening the project, forcing RH10 to generate a new CPD.  It is about 812KB, where before it was 1.2MB, but nothing changed in being able to get a popup to "autosize" itself when inside an image map.  My IT group will try to uninstall RH10 and reinstall RH10 in the next day or two since I know it works from another local workstation.  I also read all of the RH10 upgrades and features inside your site and am grateful for all of the other help it provided!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIP - Edits are best restricted to correcting typos and minor errors. When you edit, the post is not emailed again so those following don't see the edited information.

Hope the reinstall fixes things but I am not over hopeful given this issue does not exist in other projects. Let us know how it goes.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your ideas. My co-worker and I have pored over your website looking for answers. Her RH10 upgrade issue is that one of her original RH9 projects has a resource manager containing all of the project's various images and resources, i.e. PDF files and URLS, JPGs, etc. and now in RH10 the links work, but the items do not display in her converted Resource Manager plus all of her Resource Mgr categories disappeared.  She found one answer about updating the HTML code in one of the APJ files before she converts another of her RH9 projects to RH10 and it will fix the issue immediately.  More on my concerns soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May want to give the new RH10 patch a go to see if it has any impact on your scenario...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just located and downloaded what appears to be a new RH 10.0.1 patch that specifically addresses my co-worker's issue with losing her links in Resource Manager.  She is an "administrator" of her desktop, whereas I am not, but I will alert you and Peter if this patch also addresses my inability to use "auto-sizing" of popups when generating new image maps or editing exiting ones. Thank you for this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to barge in here, but I wanted to pass along my experience with this bug.

I found that autosizing (or custom for that matter) popups in image maps were working fine in Rh9 and broken in Rh10 in the Topic Previewer (eyeglasses icon) BUT NOT in the actual WebHelp output.

So, DHCopeland, are you reporting what you see in the Topic Previewer, or have you tried generating and viewing in the actual output? 

I'm still testing if there is any improvement after installing the Rh 10.0.1 patch. So far, it appears that the patch does not address this bug. I will try a different machine.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for yet another idea, which this time at least works.  I had not yet generated this project in RH10 and yes, you are right, it is 'broken' in the View Selected Item icon, but when viewing the generated/compiled WebHelp project, the popups that came from image maps all worked as auto-sized.  This means to me that when published I should receive the same outcome.  Just a little hard to edit in the Design View.

I am hoping that when our remote IT personnel can install the new RH 10.0.1 patch, that may fix the real issue.

I appreciate knowing that someone else had seen this type of issue when moving from RH9 to RH10.  I had hoped to wait long enough to finish and publish the project, but it was not my decision to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you again for "barging in" as at least I now know others have experienced the auto-sizing not working inside the project's "View Selected Item" view. I got my IT contacts to install the RH10.0.1 patch and it did nothing for my issue, but it did help my one associate work with her Resource Manager.

If you find anything else out, please advise as it would  be helpful when trying to edit existing image maps if I could see the outcome before having to generate the project.  My biggest concern is that I cannot make a NEW image map using auto-sizing and I am following the correct instructions in the RH10 user guide.  I can only generate a new "pop-up" using the Insert Popup button in the Objects toolbar.  That does auto-size if I configure it to do so. Which is why I am perplexed as to why I cannot generate a NEW image map???

Thank you again for any further insight.

Donna Copeland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trust you guys have submitted bug reports.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just letting you know that I asked my IT group to install the RH patch 10.0.1, which I suspected would not change anything, and which did not. Then I decided to have RH10 uninstalled and then re-installed late yesterday and that did the trick.  Mr. Daigle suggested I generate the project and see if the SSL WebHelp would display correctly and that worked in the output, but not while I was trying to confirm the image map pop-ups using the "View Selected Item" button.  With the reinstall, auto-sizing displays.  If I should go ahead and document this as a bug so that others know to try a reinstall, please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Donna. Please do file that as a bug. I have been traveling and have not had the time I would like to pound on the patch. Adobe Engineering pays attention to the wish list and the more folks who make note of what they experience, the more quickly these things can be fixed.

Thanks for helping us!

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. I tried on a patched Rh10 machine and saw the problem. I will try some other machines.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, it helps to know it will help. Having this work now after a mere reinstall, but not the patch, indicates to me that it was my local issue. The project pop-ups from an image mapping displayed fine for the other employee. The third person who has just received the entire suite cannot even open his project, although he only uses links, (not hotspots or DHTML or expanding text, etc.) I told him to try having our IT group reinstall his software as it could not hurt.

Donna Copeland

Technical Writer - Franchise Systems

Express Employment Professionals | International Headquarters

8516 Northwest Expressway | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73162

405.840.5000 | ext. 4160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp