• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hot Spot quiz questions keep reverting to original hot spot location.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am developing a course in Adobe Presenter 8 that contains quite a few hot spot quizes with a lot of options for the users to click (we don't have time or money to do simulation so this was the "fix").

Everytime I "Manage Quiz" by either editing a quiz question or the manifest, etc, it resets my hot spot quizzes to the original location Adobe inserted. I've been making them small to fit a detailed image and having to resize several hot spots over and over again is getting frustruating.

Has anyone else encountered this before? And if so, how have you resolved this issue?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

I've actually finally trouble-shooted my issue! Some of the hot spot questions were missing identifiers "Hot Spot 1" so to speak and those were the ones that were resetting. I named every Hot Spot again and now this issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have all the updates for Presenter. You may also want to look at Captivate (think of it as Presenter's big brother), as it does simulations very well. The learning curve shouldn't be too steep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma! I actually have Captivate 6 as well and know how to use it. The leadership team wanted basic learning, no simulations for this specific training, which is why we’ve been doing Hot Spot quizzes instead.

I’m hoping I won’t have to make any more edits to the quizzes but I would still like to know why this bug keeps happening.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do the 8.0.1 update for Presenter? Not sure if that was a fix in that update, but it can't hurt to check. There is an 8.0.2 update as well, but I don't believe it applies to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the 8.0.1 update. I added a new hot spot question in and it again defaulted all my questions back and lost my formatting. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this issue (or something similar) in the "hot list" of issues with Presenter. It may need to be looked at by Adobe. I know that some of the support and engineering staff to participate they may be able to reach out and help, or you can call them: 800-945-9120.

Top Issues in Presenter: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/kb/top-issues-presenter-8.html

I would also try in Captivate (since it has a Hot-spot question type).

I'll play with Presenter and see if I can give any better answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI sarah,

I  am not able to  reproduce the issue. Need some more info from you.

Which OS are you using?

Also mention os type . (32bit /64 bit)

Which office   are you using ? 

(office version 32/64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've actually finally trouble-shooted my issue! Some of the hot spot questions were missing identifiers "Hot Spot 1" so to speak and those were the ones that were resetting. I named every Hot Spot again and now this issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources