• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to delete existing templates -- because they override DW files

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to crreate a new BC site and delete all the existing template files.
Some I can. Others override the Dreamweaver files that I try to upload.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

to delete existing sites:

- Chose website to administer

- Site Settings-> Site Management -> enter password ->  works if you skip answering survey questions -> Delete site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing overides what you upload. What is selected and chosen to be the template to use is different. In the admin on a page for example you can choose which template you use.

You can go into the Templates folder and see everything in there.

Is it templates or are you refering to layouts maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want any BC templates. And I don't have one in DW to replace BC default one with.

The BC CSS Style sheet defintiely overrides DW style sheets. Here's what I'm talking about after I delete lots of BC CSS files:

http://ms-welcomemat.businesscatalyst.com/

I can't delete this, this is from BC template:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC does not use Dreamweaver templates to function. That is an important thing to learn. Your Business catalyst plugin will convert DWT files into html ones into the Templates folder of BC.

IF your uploading pure DWT files manually they will never work in BC.

In terms of a template it can have many things such as the system tags like {tag_pagecontent} modules such as the menu and content holders. If there is something in the template not being removed then it is in the template as a module etc.

What template is the home page using?

Go into the templates, select the template and copy the html and paste it into the html window here:

http://jsfiddle.net/

Save it and post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recreating a page that already exists, is it is not a template:

http://www.welcomematservices.com/

I can create at DW template but I'd like to see how it looks LIVE in BC before I do.
Once I get the basics and menu in there I can have a DW template.

Liam, If you could jsut tell me how to delete some sites in BC it would help.
I have a lot of errors up there and there's no point in keeping the sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go into the admin under settings if you are not a partner and there will be a mange site type link and in there is a big delete button. OR as a partner you can delete the site through the partner portal.

Since that last link is joomla I can see your getting a bit confused with how BC works with its modules, templates and layouts. Worth doing some reading to get more comfortable with how things work. You will get it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, could you throw in a few links? The MANAGE menu brings me to Site Settings and Site Manager, neither one with a Delete option.

The Partner Portal takes me to the same MANAGE page as above, it used to take me (months ago)  to an option where I could delete sites. Maybe I have the wrong link, http://www.businesscatalyst.com/Admin/Index.aspx?to=PartnerPortal 

I used to be able to delete the template a couple months ago, could you send me where I should read up on this? I already browsed the internet.

EDITED TO ADD: Adobe staff on the DW forum is looking into BC, if no work around they'll submit a bug report.
I could still use a link on how to  Delete existing BC sites, they are sites I created as an Adobe Creative Cloud Member
(mentioned here to suggest I should be good to go and have complete access to BC's available options).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to delete existing sites:

- Chose website to administer

- Site Settings-> Site Management -> enter password ->  works if you skip answering survey questions -> Delete site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines