Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional tags - how to exclude files from the output

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am trying to exclude some topics (books) from the build by applying conditional tags. It works fine and these books are excluded from the TOC; however, topic files are not excluded as the output size is exactly the same. The items I need to exclude are huge video tutorials. It seems that RH only changes the TOC when applying conditional build tags.

Any ideas how to make sure that files of excluded topics are not in the output?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Hi there

Whether the topics are actually excluded or not depends on exactly where you added the conditional tags. If all you did was tag the TOC elements, all that does is remove the entries from the TOC.

My suggestion is to clear the TOC of tag formatting and add the tags to the topics themselves. Then they should be excluded. And when they are excluded, they will also disappear from the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Whether the topics are actually excluded or not depends on exactly where you added the conditional tags. If all you did was tag the TOC elements, all that does is remove the entries from the TOC.

My suggestion is to clear the TOC of tag formatting and add the tags to the topics themselves. Then they should be excluded. And when they are excluded, they will also disappear from the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, it did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp