• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Localization in RoboHelp 6

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm curious if anyone know what localization improvements have been made in RoboHelp 6. I see localization listed as a bullet point on the datasheet that is accessible from the product page, but it doesn't really explain what that means. What are the 11 supported languages? What about multi-byte character sets? My company is looking into doing some Japanese translations, but from what I understand, the last Asian version of RoboHelp to be releases was X3. Now that Adobe has resurrected RoboHelp development, are there plans to release an upgrade for the Asian version? Like other companies using RoboHelp, we're trying to decide if we should upgrade to version 6. $500 per upgrade seems a little steep if they haven't added any features that will really benefit us.

Thanks to anyone who might have some info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brenwine
We too are curious what Adobe means when it writes:
"International language support
Create localized output in 11 different languages."

Their lack of real language support for Asian and multi-byte languages is what prevented us from upgrading to the X series, amongst other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the engineering team about Japanese support during beta testing and I understand it is being worked on, but don't think it made it into the final release. Perhaps Shane or Bobby can tell us. Meanwhile these are the 11 languages supported:
Brazilian
Danish
Dutch
English
French
German
Italian
Norwegian
Portuguese
Spanish
Swedish

If not in this release, hopefully we'll see it sometime soon.

john
Adobe Certified RoboHelp Instructor
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2007 Jan 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
One of my major reasons for moving to Flare was because of the lack of Asian support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp