• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

version 2.0 - where is the epub?

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ADE 1.7 whenever I downloaded an ebook with name like "URLink.ascm", I would rename the file something like:

BookName_Author.ascm and then proceed to open it with double click which would open it with ADE.

No matter where BookName_Author.ascm is on disc, once I open it with ADE there is a file like: BookName_Author.epub created in

C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Digital Editions\BookName_Author.epub

All good so far.  But now, using ADE version 2.0 if I download an ebook like: URLink.ascm, rename it to NewBookName_Author.ascm and open it with ADE 2.0, I do NOT see a file like NewBookName_Author.epub get created.

Is that normal?  If so, can I still get a NewBookName_Author.epub file out of the *.ascm some how?

I like using ADE without need of being connected to net, but trying to read an ebook in *.ascm format requires a network connection.

So is it still possible, using ADE 2.0 to read my books offline?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HarryPutnam wrote:

In ADE 1.7 whenever I downloaded an ebook with name like "URLink.ascm", I would rename the file something like:

BookName_Author.ascm and then proceed to open it with double click which would open it with ADE.

No matter where BookName_Author.ascm is on disc, once I open it with ADE there is a file like: BookName_Author.epub created in

C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Digital Editions\BookName_Author.epub

All good so far.  But now, using ADE version 2.0 if I download an ebook like: URLink.ascm, rename it to NewBookName_Author.ascm and open it with ADE 2.0, I do NOT see a file like NewBookName_Author.epub get created.

Is that normal?  If so, can I still get a NewBookName_Author.epub file out of the *.ascm some how?

I like using ADE without need of being connected to net, but trying to read an ebook in *.ascm format requires a network connection.

So is it still possible, using ADE 2.0 to read my books offline?

Gack, sorry, apparently one must close the *.ascm to get the *.epub version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines