• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with opening links in outlook after installing Flash player 11

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed a flash plaer 11 active X update. I wasn't given the option of not installing google chrome and another program - Ask toolbar I think ( or I may have missed it ) but when I discovered the problem I uninstalled the google chrome and the other program.

After doing this I discovered that when I went to open links in outlook I received the message:

``This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.``

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and using IE 9.

Any help would be appreciated to return my system to normal.

I also noticed that chrome and the other program were installed without automatically creating a restore point.

I am very disappointed in how Adobe pushes programs on people.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

vals1979 wrote:

I wasn't given the option of not installing google chrome

How did you install the update - via website?  If so, you can always uncheck any optional software

Chrome.PNG

Either way, Chrome behaves very badly - especially when uninstalled.  Try setting your usual browser as the default browser, and Outlook, Word, etc. should open links normally after that.

P.S. I do not endorse Adobe's policy to push optional software with their free products, but there is nothing we can do about that.  However, Adobe would not go as far as pushing spyware (Ask toolbar); most likely it was the harmless Google toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines