• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open newly purchased book

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help.  I just bought an e-book, downloaded ADE to my laptop (w/windows) and went to put the book in my ADE library, but I'm getting the following error message:

"Connection Error Detected.  Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server.  Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

How can I resolve this?

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE error messages are somtimes cryptic, and often misleading.

Some first suggestions to try ...

1. Temporarily turn off your firewall and try the dowload again.
  2. Is your copy of ADE authorized with an Adobe ID?  If not, authorise it (under Library menu, Authorize Computer)
  3. If so, deauthorize it (ctrl-shift-D to ADE), restart ADE, and then authorise it again as in 2.
  4. Make sure there aren't any eReader devices plugged in ~ some can have very odd effects on ADE2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same message error (but on a Mac - OS 10.8.3) and with a somewhat old e-book (2011) in acsm format. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same suggestions as above, but it is cmd-shift-D to ADE for the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it before posting, of course... Any other suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So I finally chatted with the help desk...

1. They asked me to remove and re-install the software (that's a classic one).
  2. Then they asked me to download a couple of e-books from http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/eBook.html and to open them.

As both steps above worked, they told me I had a problem with the .acsm file so they could not help further...

But re-downloading and opening it directly from the online shop where I bought the ebook worked... Finally...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reinstall was helpful lol thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your language is not English. Delete the language folder (How do you switch the language on Digital Editions? )and try to authorize again. Works for me after I deleting Zh-Hans(Chinese) and switching back to English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines