• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Free Trial' web app which requires payment after trial period is over

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any ideas on how to build a 'free trial' web app which subsequently requires payment after the trial period is over? For example a service which allows a user access for 30 days without charge but charges a monthly fee after that. Am not sure whether this would be two web apps (one web app which requires payment, one which doesn't) with data links so user can extend listing without having to re-enter information . . . . or something completely different

Any suggestions appreciated

mls

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to set up securezones and the free trial securezone with an expiry set on it.

Any attempt to login after that will produce and accesse denied. That system layout you can modify to mention the signup. Then from that you can request payment which signs up to another securezone that has the access perminalty or a monthly etc.

To take payment with a custom web form you need a seamless payment gateway. If you want to take monthly payments you need one that also supports this recuring payments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Didn't know expiry can be applied to secure zones and am trying to figure out how. Do you mean put an expiry on a user-submitted web app and put that in a secure zone? In case I wasn't clear enough before, this would be a listing service, so user can post listing(s) during trial period (user-submitted web app) but should be able to seemlessly rollover into a paid monthly service (also a user-submitted web app). The big question is how to achieve this without the user re-entering information previously entered in the 'free trial' web app . . . ? Data links between the two, with the ability to update info in the 'payment' web app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Ignore web apps. That is just content. Control the level access with secure zones, that is what they are there for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

I'm looking to set an expiry date for a secure zone and I'm not seeing a clear answer. How do you set a secure zone for a 7 day trial?

I'm looking to set up the "Free Access Secure Zone" & "Paid Secure Zone" as mentioned at the bottom of - Business Catalyst Help | Building Web Apps Part 4: Building Web Apps that require payment

Thanks much for your help.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m searching for such a solution as well. The customer subscribes for the free trial and after x amounts of days the subscriber automatically gets billed i.e. monthly.

I couldn´t find a solution automatically subscribing the customer into the paid-version. Here´s an article about what Liam said earlier and how to set it up: Implementing a trial and purchased access secure zone scenarios

Does anyone knows how to automatically put someone in the paid version?

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can not do that. You need a persons credit card details and to take payment. BC does not store credit card details for PCI compliance. You need to present the user with the form to signup and upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines