Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do i get chrome and google toolbar?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This morning flash asked me to update to the latest flashplayer. After clicking "download", explorer starts and on the site there is a button "update". After clicking on the button, not only flash gets updatet. Chrome and google toolbar is also installed... Why? There is no checkbox to prevent this.. Why?

Why is adobe doing this? When you install chrome... you don't need google toolbar..right? Please make a checkbox for the next update. Now i have to uninstall google toolbal..again..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of that download page without a checkbox.  I see it

Chrome.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot you posted is a screenshot of the installation of flash on a computer without flash.

I was talking about a update, I already had flash installed but i got a notification from the program that a update was availible.

I updated te program, how do i make a screenshot? It's not possible to update it again.

I'm sure there was no checkbox. The whole page was different from the screenshot you posted. For example the yellow butten didn't say 'download now' but 'update'.

I just don't understand why adobe wants to install google toolbar on my computer. Chrome i can live with, but google toolbar is a stupid programm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to get to the bottom of this, as yours is not the only similar complaint.  But I do need a screenshot from someone.

I myself have never gotten any unwanted 3rd-party software, so I do not understand why other people get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. See the screen cap. I clicked update on the website, and then run to execute. The window popped up with all 3 installers. No option to disable.flash-update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another screen shot of when I try to update.  It has to do, I think,with the URL I am auto-directed to by the upgrade program.  And no, I am not going to change my default browser just to see if the flash update will send me to a different URL for that browser.

Adobe-Force-Chrome-Google-Toolbar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the screenshots; I will try to follow up on this.

In the future, try to use the offline installers (that are not bundled with any software) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the heading Progress bar hangs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines