• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I download an ebook via digital editions to a Elonex 705EB?

Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I download an ebook via digital editions to a Elonex 705EB?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't on the list of supported devices at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices but  'Elonex 700EB – TFT eBook' is.

It should be ok?

Have you tried it and found that it failed?  If so, please give more details.

If not, try it and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I tried it and can get it listed in the ebook, but when I try to open it says 'file open failed'..have emailed Elonex but no reply yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just checking the steps you need to set up ~ not sure if you have done them all already.

1. Install ADE
  2. Register ADE with an AdobeID (do not let it use the 'do not use Adobe ID at this time' option)
  3. Plug in the ereader
  4. Register the ereader with the AdobeID.  It may just prompt you, or there should be an option under Library menu 'Authorize Device'

If you missed any of these you won't be able to read a DRM ebook on the device.

Post back if you have any issues:  there are quite a few things that can go wrong:

the Adobe DRM mechanism has too many mantraps and mines to predict them in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines