• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE says me that my account is connected to another device already

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a book on IBS, then downloaded and installed ADE on my laptop. When I try to authorize my PC with the account, the program says me that the account is already connected to another device. I tried also to disconnect any Adobe account from my e-book reader, but same error. This is the only computer that I've installed ADE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite likely a case of ADE getting things confused, and then giving a misleading error message.

Try clearing up any idea of activation your copy of ADE has.  Keep the ereader disconnected for this. 

Then start ADE and hit ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D if a Mac) to forget authorization on ADE.  Now restart ADE and reregister with your Adobe ID.

IF that works, then do similar with your device connected.

Then start ADE and hit ctrl-shift-E (cmd-shift-E if a Mac) to forget authorization on the device.  Now restart ADE and reregister the device.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this method, all works now, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. 

ADE must be very near the top of my 'awful program of the decade' awards; and the surrounding infrastructure is slightly worse.

It's a shame that it is a necessary part of  library eBook reading or buying eBooks for many people;  with Kindle lockin almost the only alternative (not an alternative for European library book users).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines