• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Failed to initialize error", help?

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I did a fresh install of XP Pro SP3 on a Dell D400 old laptop, all else is working fine, upgrade IE7 to IE8, went to youtube, it's asking to install Adobe flash, went to the site and attempted to install but at 50% I get an error promp saying "Failed to initialize" so I searched the net and came across a video showing how to use and do the flash palyer uninstaller and went through the steps so everything concerning the flash player was deleted from the C/windows/system32/macromed/flash folder but reinstalling the latest version still gives the same error. I am thinking becuase this ia an older laptop I may have to install an older version of flash player as this laptop's specs are Intel pentium 1.8Ghz, 512 Ram 40GB HDD but I cannot find version 10 anywhere on the net and I am only seeing "plugins" on the Adobe download section, help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

For troubleshooting Installation issues for flash player please visit : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

If you really want to install an older version of flash player, please visit this link for older version.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I had already visted the first link before posting as nothing there helped. I also had gone to the 2nd link but I am having trouble determining exactly which file from the archives I will be needing for version 10, I am thinking the

Playerglobal.swc archives

flash palyer 10.1? Would this be correct please? If not, can you advise on the exact file I would need to install flash player 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike ,

Please follow this document to uninstall and delete the remaining files of flash player on your computer

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

and than download Flash player 10.3 and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my post aboe shows, I have already uninstalled in the proper way using the uninstaller and the files are no longer in the flash folder, what I need now is the exact download for version 10.3, is it the one listed under the

Playerglobal.swc archives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you need version 10.3?  The latest version is 11.7; download and run the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

I can post the download links for 10.3.183.75 if you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines