• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting CF8 to Oracle 11g with JDBC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a datasource from my CF admin using JDBC/Oracle Thin Client. The datasource creation was successful.

When Oracle encryption is configured as "Requested" I can browse my CF app. and ran many functionalities with no problem

But when the Oracle encryption is configured as "Required" the connection failed.

The way I tested and know that it was failed was when I login in to my web app. It won't log me in. But when the Oracle is switched back as "Requested"

I can login successfully and ran may tasks.

I have CF8 Enterprise version in Unix

From the network dept, I was told they have the correct JAR file in place but did not tell me what is the correct JAR file

Currently my web apps are running with datasource created using Oracle Thin Clint but the Oracle encryption needs to be switched back to "Requested" otherwise my users are complaining that they can't login.

Where should I go from here???? has anyone ever experienced this situation and found a solution? What is going on with my situation, what should I do to fix Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to contact support to get technical support from Adobe ColdFusion to get some assistance for my situation? also how do we know that the product we own include technical support, do we need some kind of a number? does Adobe has technical support for ColdFusion 8?

I called 1-800-833-6687 and there is no choice for ColdFusion. Is ColdFusion dead or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check the pm sent to you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit Kumar, sorry but I don't understand your short message. What is the PM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I sent you a PM (Private Message). Oracle 11g is not supported by Adobe with ColdFusion 8. Please refer to http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf8_systemsupportmatrix.pdf for a detailed list of supported environment.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anit Kumar,

Is the problem connecting to Oracle Think Client can be solved by installing CF 9?

Our department has CF 9

Please let us know

We have been having this problem since a week ego

I'm still contacting some people about the Extended Support Contract

Thank you,

Alec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation