• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I either can't get Flash Player installed (seems be be on my C drive) or it won't connect. Help!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I either can't get Flash Player installed (seems be be on my C drive) or it won't connect.  Help!  OS= Windows 7, IE 10 browser.

Does anyone have an 800 number to talk to a real person???

Message was edited by: Macallan46

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your post is very unclear...

"can't get Flash Player installed": do you get any error messages?

"it won't connect": connect to what - do you get any error messages?

Try installing using the download from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open some web sites, it says I need Adobe Flash Player. When I load Flash Player, it seems to load fine with no error messages. However, when I go to open the site and run the video, I get the same message saying to “load Adobe Flash Player.”

I perused the Adobe web, and the link below. I tried to load via the link you proposed, and the procedure was different, took longer, and established some folders on my C drive. However, I still cannot load the videos on the web sites. Same “load Adobe Flash Player” message. When I investigated the folders on my C drive, there did not seem to be any content.

I use IE 10 and Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't see your mention of IE10 in your original post.  IE10 comes with Flash Player preinstalled; you don't need to (and cannot) install it manually.

See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do I need to do to get it to run? Every time I open a site that says I need Flash Player, it does not run, connect, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check all the options in the document I linked to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I have found a solution. The video works if I disable my ActiveX Filtering. Does that sound reasonable? What else will that affect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This FAQ has links to what this feature does and also gives you additional options if you'd like to keep this enabled.

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines