• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4.7 throwing errors for no reason - is there a fix?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

errorAgain.jpg4.jpgHello,

I am using FB4.7, right now on an AS project. For some reason, FB has started "locking up" on runtime errors. Meaning, if I run a code with an error, then fix the error, FB still reports an issue at that line, even if the line is blank.

In the attached image, you can see that I am getting a 1009 Error on the second reference to a variable that has been declared directly above - obviously a bs error.  I had a chunk of code there before, that did have the error, but I am still getting the Error, can't test, compile, etc.

Very frustrating, no idea what is causing this!!! Thanks for any input!

FB 4.7 Win7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know the cause of your error.

Although I'm relatively new to FB (I've previously developed mostly in Flash Pro) I've run into something similar I think.

Sometimes FB is looking at object compiled and sitting in your debug-bin folder. After you fix a bug and it doesn't go away, then do a project clean and that might clear it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

I have tried cleaning, and getting rid of the bin-debug, but the behavior seems to either come back quickly or not go away at all. I thought it was localized to new projects, but older imported projects are doing the same thing. Hopefully there is a permanent fix I am not seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like its dying on the first line of code in that method. Try checking:

The methods parameters - perhaps compiler doesn't like TextFormat defaulting to null

Or perhaps you're using that default null param and its biting you but misreporting the line number.

Seems like I might have had problems in the past with params, but I think it was with assigning null to a callback function param.

Instead I had it default to an empty class method called NullMethod, or some such.

Other ideas, although these usually apply to compile time errors and not runtime:

Import statements - are you missing one?

Access modifiers - is something trying to call this method that doesn't have access?

Check for syntax errors higher in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines