Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions

Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader does not appear on the page, how do I correct this so i can transfer books to my Reader

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which eReader device, and which version of ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony PRS-950 reader aand my ADE is version 2.0. Devices EG. Reader should show in the panel on the left side of the page, even, I think, if there is no Reader connected via USB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eReader device will only appear on the left panel of ADE when the device is connected.  (Not sure about wireless connection if the 950 has that; for many devices with wireless you must still use USB to connect to ADE.)

There is a bug with ADE 2.0 and some Sony eReaders (PRS-350 for sure, and some others) that means it will not work for Overdrive library books.

The solution for most is to use the much more reliable v1.7.2;  thought that lacks the multi-vendor support of ADE2.0.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. Belatedly I have realized that my WIFI connection is very poor. I have made changes on my network and I need to fix the connection to the Reader and I am having difficulty.

ClyBorn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines