• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade attempt fails from actX 11.4 and plugn 11.6

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message, "host unable to load application configuration" when I try to upgrade the Active X version 11.4.402.265 and the plugin version 11.6.602.180.   I am hoping to update to version 11.7.  I do not know what to do about this problem. 

System information, other than the versions of flash player just described:

Windows XP, service pack 3

Internet Explorer 8

Firefox 20

Norton Internet Security v20.3.0.36

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

No, just run the installer(s) as an administrator user.  Make sure all browser windows are closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Members Pat Willener and others,

Would I need to do anything in particular in order to use those offline installers?  Would I need to uninstall the currently installed 11.4 and 11.6 flash players or would I need to use some special flash player removal tools first, before running the offline installers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just run the installer(s) as an administrator user.  Make sure all browser windows are closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I ran the offline installers for versions 11.7, and installation for the activeX version and the plugin version went very easily to install and fast.

One complication occurred.  The flash player, once installed for Internet Explorer, still did not allow me to play any videos, such as from YouTube.  I had to download and install a Chrome Frame add-on (which took several minutes, both to download and to install); and then I still needed to ENABLE the flash player through I.E. Manage Add-ons. 

So far, I find that Internet Explorer and Firefox operate somewhat slower, now with the updated Flash Player, and the Chrome Frame.  But the YouTube videos now play in all my web browsers.

One other thing I find strange is that in I.E., Manage Add-ons, the only "flash player" listed is, "Shockwave...", and with some lower version number, 4 or 9 or something.  I do not understand that, since I know I installed the versions 11.7, and that was what the title on both installers showed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know Chrome Frame add-on; IE should be able to show all Flash content when the ActiveX is installed.

Regarding your version, what is shown at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_ver... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That website test indicates version of Flash Player is 11.7.700.169, O.S. is Windows XP 32-bit and Internet Exploer is the browser.  The site did not tell me the browser version, but as I already know and stated, it is I.E. 8, which is the latest I.E. that will work in Windows XP.

Th browser's Manage Add-ons list shows an entry listed as Shockwave Flash Object, version 9.0.45.0, and was installed 4/13/2013, when I installed from the offline v11.7 installers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines