• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

display last-update date on topic in chm help

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to display the date when a topic was last updated at the top of each topic in a chm help file. Am currently using the header feature to display date when a topic was last updated. When I change the date, Robo asks if I want to change the header on all topics or just this one. If I'm not careful and accidentally click "Yes," it changes the date on all topics, which makes the last-updated date meaningless. There doesn't seem to be an undo for this global change.  Is there a better way to note the last-updated date on a topic so end-users can see if a topic has recent changes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yep, I'd avoid using that in a header for the very reasons you have discovered.

Perhaps add it to the top of each topic but NOT in the header proper. Also, I'm assuming you are using a Field for this. You will want to ensure you clear the "auto-update" option. If you don't, the topic will automatically update if you just open it to view it and make no changes.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, thanks for your advice.

Yes, I could add to the top of each topic, but the help system has tons of

existing topics at this point. I will add to the master page for future

topics.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp