• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find specific Pantone colours in Illustrator cs5

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making graphics for a client who has given me specific PANTONE colours that I cannot find in Illustrator CS5 colour books (student edition) (Example: Bachelor Button 14-4522).

I am not sure how to find these colours in Illustrator or what I should be preparing for and giving to this clients printer.

Thanks!

Courtney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's a Pantone color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have not worked with Pantone before but I am pretty sure it is.... when I type it in on this site it comes up:

http://www.pantonepaint.co.kr/color/colorchipsearch.asp?cmp=TPX

Also my clients said they bought a Pantone book... they have given me a whole list of colours they want my to apply to the graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed a Pantone number. But it should have a TCX or TPX after it. The info on the Pantone site is here:

for TCX numbers (cotton):

http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx?c_id=1420

for TPX numbers (paper):

http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx?c_id=1421

But I don't know if iether book is included in Illustrator.

--OB

Edit to add; You replied while I was typing. How would you 'match' their color? Do you have their book in front of you? Matching off a website can be problematic, at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that is my probelm though is what colours to apply to my design in Illustrator .....

Thanks for your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try to see if it is available here:

https://kuler.adobe.com/

EDIT:

I just found this on the Pantone site:

http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/color_xref.aspx

It is for converting from one color book to another (say, TPX to Solid Coated, or anything else you have access to in Illy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected (see post #2). I have never seen a Pantone number with a name before.

Usually it’s just a number with a suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‘Bachelor Button 14-4522’ isn’t a Pantone colour.

Not at all sure what it is.

But you can easily make your own spot colours if you know their colour values in Lab or CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding the colour matches on this Pantone site: http://www.pantonepaint.co.kr/color/colorchipsearch.asp?cmp=TPX 

I  don't know what to do or what to give the printer....  Should I just define a spot colour close to these in Illustrator and give it to the screen priner? They are printing on nylon rash guards....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the color your looking for is part of the Pantone for Architecture and Interiors color pallet--you can download a PDF here (but it appears you'll need to contact Pantone to acquire the acquire the actual swatch) the actual colorame is PANTONE 14-4522 TPX

http://www.pantone.com/downloads/articles/pdfs/A&I_Broch_PDFlo_505.pdf

PANTONE 14-4522 TPX.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I am wondering though how to apply this colour to my graphic in Illustrator. It seems this colour is not in the colour books. Does the screen printer need for me to provide a file for them that includes this exact colour or can I make a spot colour that is close to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen printer needs a file with a spot color. It should be sufficient to just name the color correctly.

But in any case you should talk to the people on how to provide the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone's still looking for this answer, I have it.

This color is found in the Pantone Fashion + Home library, and there's good news and bad news.

First the bad news: you technically have to buy the pricey color book in order to get the digital library for Illustrator. If you do that, You should probably bill your client accordingly.

The good news is, you can cheat. For some reason, you can find the link to the product registration page with a google search. To save you that trouble, here's the link:

http://www.pantone.com/pages/fhdigital/fhdigital_download.aspx

Just fill in a name, address etc., and when it asks what product you purchased, just write anything. Then you can download and install the library.

This is probably due to an oversight, so Pantone might fix it in the future, but for now it's a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines