• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrated from MX7 to CF9 and now site not working on Internet Explorer

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of moving several sites from MX7 to CF9.  This is my first experience with CF9 and migrating so I am wondering if I am just missing something obvious.

I have one site that works fine in FireFox, Chrome and Safari but just will not work in IE.

The site requires a login and authenticates the user name and password against Active Directory using the CFLDAP tag.

In FF, Chrome and Safari I can log in, navigate all around, add/edit/delete records, run reports, etc. with absoultely no problems.

But IE won't work. I can do the initial login and get to the home page but when I attempt to navigate to another page in the site it goes back to a login screen. It used to work in IE when it was on the MX7 server. But since moving it over I can't access it with IE. I did run Code Analyzer on the files when I moved them over to the new server and Code Analyzer only found a few minor errors that I resolved.

Are there some special settings or Application.cfc entries that are needed for IE to work properly? Am I missing a security setting somewhere? I've been trying to Google an answer but perhaps I am not phrasing my search correctly to hit on the solution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-m

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this resolved?  My guess would be that there is nothing wrong on the ColdFusion side but rather an "issue" with how IE is behaving.  I have noticed in some situations that I need to include the domain when authenticating to active directory in IE but not in other browsers.  So "domain\username" instead of just "username".  If this is your issue I can shed a little light on why it happens or possible steps to resolve.

I should add that I am referring to a setup where IIS is asking for the authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Miguel-

I'm still working on it. After trying some more stuff I have to agree with you, I believe the CF is ok and it is the IE browser behavior. I didn't think about needing to include the domain. That's a good place to start. I will work on that and see if that will fix it or not.

Thanks!

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you tell me if you are using IIS for the challenge/response or are you using your own custom login form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation