• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Doc not working

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message when I am attempting to create a Printed Doc.
'The (filename/path) is used by other application'. This message appears even when no other applications are open. Using version 5.2
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually occurs if you have generated the file and then attempt to generate it again for some reason before closing the first document.

If not, does it still occur after a reboot?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Peter. I finally did reboot and was able to create the Word doc. However, I noticed a few images I had recently inserted were missing; although they were present in the WYSIWYG screen. When I clicked on their properties, the file names were from a different file - I had copied/pasted them in. Perhaps this was why the Word doc would not create.(?) I created new images and attempted to create the Word doc again, but it seems I need to totally reboot before it will work again.
Thanks, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Always insert images using the RH menus or icons, cutting and pasting confuses the life out of RoboHelp because it bypasses the RoboHelp functionality so that RH does not do all the right things internally.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp