Cannot work around "no actionlist" error on Vista

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: FF 18

Flash Player ver. 11.6.602.180

Verified my system meets requirements

Read the "Windows Installation Help" and "Flash Player installation and update questions and answers" pages

I cannot upgrade Flash Player to current version 11.7.700.169 because of a “no actionlist” error message.

Here's what I've done to try to resolve this issue:

• Uninstalled Flash using a downloaded executable
  • Manually removed the contents at the following paths:  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash , %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player , %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  • Rebooted
  • Verified the uninstall worked by visiting http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
  • Downloaded the 11.7.x version of player, ran the installer again, and got the same "no actionlist" error
  • Resaearched "no actionlist" on the Adobe forum and found a resolution to a similar message (dated March 2013) that provided a direct link to an installer
  • Installed using that exe but it's outdated and installed version 11.6.

I'd really like to get v. 11.7.700.169, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details.

Did you try to download the installer from the following link?  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

After downloading, close all browsers and double-click the file you downloaded.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, I just want to verify you are pointing me to the link under "Progress bar hangs during download / Unable to connect to server / Unable to download metafile."

If yes, then that is the file I originally downloaded based on a March post I saw here.

I just tried it again, and it (by "it" I mean the Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers from download.macromedia.com) installed 11.6.

After the installation process completed, the dialog box notified me it was version 11.6, and when I went back to, the "find version" page, 11.6 was confirmed.

4-16-2013 9-57-43 AM.png

I did not download the exe for Internet Explorer, as I almost never use that browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tried the same in a Windows 7 box, and Flash Player 11.7 was installed without any issues. When you double-clicked the exe, did it say 11.7 installer?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the link you posted yesterday at 6:41 AM downloads an 11.6 version of Flash Player.

Here is the screen shot that loads when I double click the saved file, which I verified again this morning (install_flash_player.exe) .

flash-player-6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link that Sunil posted is definitely to the 11.7 version.

Maybe you have an older download cached somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines