Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to recreate a RH 7 HTML project from output

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Have just been hired to work on a project that has a help system for which the source files are lost.  We have the a zip of the webhelp output so re-creating the topics is not a problem.  I found the June 2004 article on RoboWizard about this but am still stuck. I re-created the folder structure as it said and imported files from the old output.  Where I'm stuck is how I might get the glossary with associated hotspots re-created as well as the index. Also stuck on the part about deleting JS code.  It says to delete all the red boxes, but when I do I lose breadcrumbs and also related topics links.  It also says you need to re-establish DHTML, but the drop-down text in the project seem to work find when I built new output. 

Unfortunately the computer this project lived on has been wiped clean and the tech writer (no longer here) only backed up the output, not the source files. 

No doubt this won't be the last of my questions!  But any help with this so far would be greatly appreciated.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a case of "reverse engineering" - search that term & you will get a number of links to free and inexpensive help doing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane

There is a page on my site about Reverse Engineering but it will point you to Rick's site if you only have webhelp. If you have a CHM as well, then there is an easier solution.

You might also want to visit http://wvanweelden.com

Willam's site offers a script that will do the job for you. It is not free but it is one heck of a lot quicker and takes the pain away. Contact Willam via his site if you have questions. He is a very helpful guy.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.  Unfortunately I do only have webhelp.  Will take a look at William's site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp