• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Subtitles into After Effects or Premiere Pro (CS5.5)

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a PC with Adobe Production Suite CS5.5 -- doing my rough cuts in Premiere and my final edits in After Effects.

The final deliverable of the vidoe will be in MPEG-4.

Is there anyway to drop in a timed subtitle text file, either .txt or .srt, into After Effects of Premiere Pro CS5.5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not natively, but there may be some usable text script on AEScripts.com...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be the only plugin, http://aescripts.com/pt_importsubtitles/ and it claims that it's not compatibale with CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any development in this area since CS6?

I've subscribed to the Cloud with the intention of making quality international versions of my clients' productions & so far have to revert to free stuff to finish the job.

Adobe 'should' be able to integrate an import function for .SRT or preferably .ASS subtitle / closed caption files without too much ado. I can only assume there is some strategic, incomprehensible reason not to.

Thx.

*** That's "Advanced SubStation Alpha" (.A.S.S), or homonym for 'donkey'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this plugin for importing subtitles as an SRT file, and being able to burn-in titles to Adobe Premiere or After Effects (then use dynamic linking to premiere timeline).

http://www.sugarfx.tv/info/subtitles_SUGARfx.html

I have also seen some scripts where you can import a script to After Effects, and then use dynamic linking to put it into premiere.  But I have not been able to get that to work for me.  Going to try the plugin next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines