• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display tab is not visible in settings' window?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I access the settings window of the Flash Player, the display tab is not visible??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and browser are you using?  What version of Flash Player is running?

Flash Player Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see the display tab on my settings. Im using Internet Explorer, Windows 8-64bit , Flash Player Version 11.9.900.117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome

Windows 7-64 bit

Flash Player version 11.7.700.169,

Thank you Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'm seeing the same thing.  Confirming with our Chrome team and will let you know what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found out that this is expected behavior.  The display tab, and specifically the "enable hardware" acceleration option were removed from Chrome because Chrome will use the GPU regardless of this setting.  To reduce confusion, the tab was removed.  Instead, you can try disabling by going to the chrome://flags page and disabling "GPU compositing on all pages"  Once done, simply restart the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thank you. Unfortunately, going to chrome://flags and disabling "GPU compositing on all pages” did not resolve my root problem which is that when I play any flash video in the full screen mode, I get a blank screen. I was trying to access the display tab in settings to disable hardware acceleration since it appears from a multitude of sites on the Web to be one way to resolve this problem?

Many thanks for your help,

Paul

Paul Garsin

(585)687-7293

<mailto:pgarsin@rochester.rr.com> pgarsin@rochester.rr.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Can you post a copy of your dxdiag report?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Attached is the dxdiag report.

Thank you,

Paul

Paul Garsin

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing attached to your post.

P.S. This is a public forum; please do not post your email address or other private data!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

It is not clear to me as to how to attach or post a .txt file?

Thank you,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem as Paul (videos won't go full screen and "display" tab is totally missing from flash settings menu), this only started in the past week or so.  I'm using Chrome, Vista 32 bit,  Flash 11.7.700.179, this is the link to my DxDiag report:

DxDiag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines