• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Printing from Webhelp

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH7, we produce Webhelp output files and need to restrict any sort of printing or copying of the content. This includes screen prints and selecting/copying text from the screen.

Thanks,
Shelley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

This comes up with monotonous regularity and is already covered in various threads. Search in the General Discussion forum.

I recently needed to copy something from an eBook and couldn't copy it, so I took a screenshot. I can't think how you can stop that.

Bottom line is you can make it difficult but there's always a way around that can be found. Photograph the screen and OCR the image if you are really determined.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. Your answer confirms my suspicions. I spent quite a bit of time searching through several areas of the forum for a related post, but did not find one. Sorry to add to the monotony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back if you cannot find anything.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've seen "noprint" and "nocopy" provisions in Web pages. But as Peter points out, you can't prevent a screenshot. To thwart OCR text scanning, you'd have to use that weird type some sites display for ID validation. But then, you'd have an all-but-unreadable page.

And don't forget, you'll need a foolproof "nosave" command to block a reader from saving it as a complete Web page.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp