• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to BC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Cloud Membership with my 5 hosting sites. I have my own website hosted with a local company, and l obviously wanted to bring it over to BC. But with my free site, if I bring my website over to take advantage of one of the 5 sites BC gives me, I lose my email? Is that correct? I pay a local hosting company at present, but I can't imagine splitting the email and the web side apart, and then I'm paying twice? And how does that work with my domain, ie I already own a domain name www.xyz.co.nz, and have email me@xyz.co.nz. So do I now have to find somewhere to host my email separately? Could someone clarify this in a simple way please for an only very semi-technical person. Thank you!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the Creative Cloud Subscription, you get 5 webbasics sites, which does not include the integrated email service with BC. So you can add the MX records associated to your mailboxes provided by the other email service provider in BC. The steps as explained in the article here -> http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/setup-pop-imap-email-accounts.html#main_How_to_crea....

So either you will add a domain to BC using 'This service' and add an external MX record provided by the mail service provider. OR

You can get both the DNS and mail service from the external provider and add the domain in BC using External DNS settings as shown here -> http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/157/bc_157.html

So you will not lose your email as it will never be shifted to BC using Webbasics plan but only using the MX records to point to the email provider.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

you can also use Google Apps for your emails, with a little extra cost for google apps.

Best regards

www.unternehmerCMS.de
adobe express ambassador

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines