• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New tab in .chm file

Jan 28, 2007 Jan 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to add a custom defined tab to my .chm file. How do I achieve this?

For example: I have three tabs in my .chm file: Contents, Index, and Search. Now, I want to add a new tab called Books to my .chm file. How do I do this?

This is urgent. Pls help.

Manish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007
Hi Manish

Sorry, but I won't be of any help here. As I said earlier, you will need someone that can construct a Windows Dynamic Link Library (.DLL) that would allow this to happen. In other words, you need lots of pizza, soda pop and chocolate to bribe a developer.

About the only way I can fathom you could achieve something similar is by creating a topic inside your .CHM that would behave this way. Inside the topic you could insert a Table of Contents control and use an alternate TOC.

Cheer...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manish,

I suggest you read Rick's Skinny on Skins.

Link

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

The link you gave me talks about adding tab to a webhelp project, but I want to add tabs to my .chm file. Can you please let me know how to add tabs to a .chm file.

Regards,
Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish

Although it may be reasonably easy to add a tab, the trick will be to make that tab actually DO something. For that, you will need an additional .DLL. Hence the reason for the HHActiveX.DLL that makes the Glossary tab work.

What are you hoping to achieve with a tab labeled "Books"?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I want to add a new tab that works like the Contents tab. I want to add some books and topics to those books. Lets say, I want a tab called Books. In that tab, I want to have a book called 'Reports' and have topics under the book 'Report'.

Here, I am more concerned with having custom defined tabs. I want to create three or four custom defined tabs and create my own books and topic under them. Can you help me to achieve this.

Regards,
Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Manish

Sorry, but I won't be of any help here. As I said earlier, you will need someone that can construct a Windows Dynamic Link Library (.DLL) that would allow this to happen. In other words, you need lots of pizza, soda pop and chocolate to bribe a developer.

About the only way I can fathom you could achieve something similar is by creating a topic inside your .CHM that would behave this way. Inside the topic you could insert a Table of Contents control and use an alternate TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp