• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with reverting to an earlier version

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update with Flash Player was causing problems, so I uninstalled Flash Player 11 and then installed Flash Player 10. But I now have Flash Player 10 Plugin and FlashPlayer 11 Active X on my computer. I am not sure how this happened, but is this OK or is this going to cause me more problems?

Have now just checked again in Control and it also says I now have Adobe 11 plug in. So I guess I am back to where I started.

I saw my original question but could not find out how to attach this question to it. Sorry.

[email address removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what exactly is your problem?

P.S. this is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that Firefox keeps freezing every now and then ever since I updated Adobe Flash. That was why I tried to get back to the old version.

Now i am totally confused as to why the Flash Player 10 plug in suddenly changed to Flash Player 11 plug in.

Sorry, I am old and get panicky when something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your help.                                                                               

19-Apr-2013

01:12

in reply to Pat Willener

My problem

is that Firefox keeps freezing every now and then ever since I updated

Adobe Flash. That was why I tried to get back to the old version. Now i am totally confused as to why the Flash Player 10 plug in suddenly changed to Flash Player 11 plug in. Sorry, I am old and get panicky when something goes wrong.

Today it hasn't played up. I hope it will be all right.

If I post a question in future, do replies automatically come to my email address? That would be good, because I find it so hard to go back to the discissions pages and to find my original question, which is how I first got there just now. The rpely above is what I posted.

I am most appreciative of your help.

Should the problem occur again, how do I revert to 10.3 (I think that was what I found recommended somewhere in the Mozilla Firefox help. But when I had problems that was when I first went to Adobe discussions for the first time.

Regards and thanks,

Anthony  Wood

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address (by sending the entire forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Pat,

Thank you. I have received the exact same reply from Amreso.

I thank you both for your replies. If the problem occurs again, I shall follow your advice.

I just need to pluck up the courage. I get so nervous with the computer when it plays up.

Regards

Anthony

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:11:29 -0700

To: avwood@hotmail.com

Subject: Problems with reverting to an earlier version

Re: Problems with reverting to an earlier version

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address (by sending the entire forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5250122#5250122

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnthonyWood,

Pleae uninstall all flash player version from your computer. Here is the link for proper uninstallation steps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

After uninstallation please visit this link to install the older version of flash player.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

Incase you still face any issue with it please contact Adobe support.

http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. If the problem occurs again, I shall follow this advice.

Regards,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines