• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error! Check activation.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I´ve installed ADE 2.0. But it didn´t work.

I´ve bought a ebook from Kobo, but can´t download it to ADE. Clicking on the URLlink occurs only an error frame: Error! Check activation.

Unfortunatelly, I can´t download any ebooks.

I´ve already tried to download a free ebook from the Adobe site. It doesn´t work, too.

ADE was installed before. I deinstalled it, some time ago, because I didn´t use it very often.

Via google a.s.o., I´ve learned, to install an older version of ADE (i.e. 1.7.2), but I can´t find one on a trusted site.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you

Heike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you registered your AdobeID with your version of ADE2.0?

If you had a previous version of ADE (even an uninstalled one) it is possible that ADE has got into a confused state with registration.

Try to deregister whatever it has, using ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac) in Library view.

The restart ADE, and reregister with menu/Library/Authorize Computer.

~~~

I have had lots of problems with v2.0, so quite understand you might what to try 1.7.2 again.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines