• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users getting upgrade prompt with SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1 set

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been deploying Flash Player  11.6.602.180 to our desktops recently, along with this mms.cfg:

AutoUpdateDisable=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

SilentAutoUpdateServerDomain=(internal server)

Users are getting propted to upgrade via the red Adobe box. Why is this happening?

The behavior that we need is to never, ever, ever have our users prompted to install Flash Player. It should always come from our internal deployment systems. What are we doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Was your internal SAU server working with previous releases?  In particular, did it work properly with the initial 11.6 release (11.6.602.168)?

Could you post back with a copy of one of the flashinstall logs from an effected machine?

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, we'd also like to see the mms.cfg from the same system.  Please feel free to email it to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first version we’ve attempted to implement this way. I can’t say for certain that the internal SAU server is functioning properly. I CAN say that I can see clients requesting version.xml in the web server log files:

2013-04-17 17:40:59 W3SVC1 (address) GET /pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/xml/version.xml - 443 - (address) GetFlashPlayerversionxml/1.0 200 0 0

Since we have 11.6.602.180 on the SAU server as well, we wouldn’t expect installations from there yet.

Oops, wrong address. Files being sent to you.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything we can do to address this issue?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have 11.7.700.169 hosted yet?  It could be that Flash Player notices that you have a new version available and since it isn't able to find this on your internal server it configures the client to prompt for notification on reboot.  I'm going to add an internal bug on this so we can investigate.

Could you also add a bug over at bugbase.adobe.com and include the current configuration that your SAU server is using along with the mms.cfg and flashinstall log from a client system?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, we weren't getting upgrade notifications until Adobe released 11.7.

I can add a bug if you'd like. What part of the SAU config would be relevant? Really, it's just making sure HTTPS is working correctly and adding the Adobe-provided files to the correct path, right?

I had been planning to roll out 11.7.700.169 via SAU, but this issue caused me to hold off:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5237738#5237738

Bug added:

Message was edited by: JosephEWells

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really weird. It won't let me post the URL to the bug.

Bug # 3545918

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I implement this incorrectly, or misunderstand how it's supposed to function? I really need a way forward on this. Worst-case, I'll re-deploy and rip out Adobe's update process.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're seeing this yet again. I upgraded to 11.7.700.202. Now that 11.7.700.224 has been made available, I'm getting prompted to upgrade.

I am absolutely beside myself with this. What's the point of having the ability to offer upgrades internally if that system is simply going to be undermined by Adobe? It looks like I have no choice but to remove this functionality, go back to mms.cfg with AutoUpdateDisable=1 and do everything manually again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines