• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error encountered during Flash Player installation.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP with Flash Player 11.  Upon downloading the latest update, I encountered a script error at the point of retrieving the installation. 

Line:       2

Char:     15965

Error:     Object Expected

Code:     0

URL:     http://127.0.0.111460/appl_is/adobe.js

I tried to keep running scripts to continue the retrieval, but the process did not continue.  I tried to save the file to the computer and running it from there.  Same result.  Unfortunately I next tried to uninstall the current version, reboot, and try to install the updated version.  Same result.  I had no Flash Player and couldn't install it.

I finally found a phone number for an Adobe technician, but it is unavailable now.

I tried again to get error message again and list the details above.  I got the block that asked for update options.  I said update automatically.  Then I got a different script error on line 2.  When I said to continue running scripts this time, it wouldn't continue.  When I tried to stop the installation, it went to another page that looked like it might ask why I stopped the installation, but then a screen popped up saying the installation was successful.  Go figure.

I guess this adventure is over for now.  Until I get a notice I need the same update again like a previous participant.

I checked the Control Panel under add/remove programs to be sure Flash Player is listed.  It is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you get similar problems again, download and run the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines