Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions

Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having trouble with Adobe Digital Editions automatically launching when we try to download a book from our public library.  The books go into Adobe Reader in an acsm format which our computer does not recognised.  Can you advise how to make sure Adobe Digital Reader launches automatically.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming Windows not Mac.  There must me a similar thing on Mac, but not sure of the details.

1. Find a .acsm file in Windows Explorer.
  2. Right click on it.
  3. Choose 'Open With'
  4. select 'Choose Default Program'
  5. find Adobe Digital Editions. 
  6. If it is not on the list, you will need 'browser for application' or similar (varies with Windows Version).  Probably at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0\DigitalEditions.exe
  7. Click OK a couple of times.

At least one person recently had problems with this (on Windows 7 I think), which just consistently ignored the instructions.

The more recent versions of Windows do seem to have a bug that sometimes makes setting up the default OpenWith unreliable.

Alternatively, you could also try reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions (probably no need to uninstall first).

~~~

If you can't get filetype registration to work for automatic open, you can open .acsm files in ADE by drag-drop from Explorer.

(because of bad ADE design, ctrl-O open won't work for .acsm files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines