• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dream sequence wavy transition

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use one of those old-fashioned wavey dream sequence transtions in Premiere Pro CS5 (not 5.5) but I can't find one.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could get one (preferably free) or how to create one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

How about playing around with Wave Warp in AE? I am not sure what exactly you are after but you can do anything with AE

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a "dream sequence" from many years ago, I went on a search for a Transition, that worked for me. I ended up with Pixelan's Spice Master, though looked at ProDad's and NewBlue FX's Transitions, as well. None was free, but none was very expensive either (each had sets of various Transitions, and I did not mind paying the fairly low price, though I really only needed a few). Pixelan has great power, and even better customer support. I could not recommend a 3rd party provider more highly.

Good luck, and maybe others will have more suggestions. Back when I was working on that Project, they certainly did, and many of those folk are still around here, but those threads are long gone (here and in the AE forum, as well), because so much of the older stuff was lost when Adobe changed the forums (actually twice, since the days of that Project).

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, Those guys really do have some terrific products and transitions, especially NewBlue. I was put off a little by Pixelan's primitive website and low-grade samples but they seem to have some nice things. However, none of those sites do what I want, which is the horizontal wave distortion. I guess what was fairly easy in film or early TV video is very difficult in modern digital editing. I've been asking for Dream but what I think I mean is FlashBack. You see people doing that wavy-hand-in-front-of-the-body action to indicate the flashback transition. That's the transition i'm looking for and I can't find it.If you can think of anywhere else I might try, I'd be very grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about playing around with Wave Warp in AE? I am not sure what exactly you are after but you can do anything with AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woo Hoo!

Thank you!!

I knew the answer was in there somewhere - you can do anything with AE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I'm totally confused. I can make it warp in any direction at any wave depth and hight but I can't make the waves MOVE. Sometimes they move, sometimes they don't. It seems that there is some control I can't see that I'm either selecting or not selecting: I have a 6-second clip from the end of a 2-minute take. I have gone with the default settings for Wave Warp and changed the wave height, width and direction. It won't move. What should I do to make the waves move?

Wave type - Sine;

Wave height - 100,

Wave width - 100;

Direction 0x +0.0;

Wave speed - 1;

Pinning - none.

That should work, right? It doesn't move.

Help, please. I'm getting genuinely depressed because this was meant to be a quick job for fun and it's turning into a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this in After Effects with the wiggle expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? How? All I can make it do is shake the screen around - I can't find a horizontal waves effect like the old-fashioned TV shows. Any giudance or a walk-through would really help, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops.  Wave Warp is what I meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what you meant! Whoopee! I now have the DoodlyDoodly wavy wiglly flashback transition I always wanted and it's right here in AE!

Thanks guys - you're the BEST!

If you're in London, look me up and I'll buy you a pint of flat, warm, English beer (don't that sound tasty?!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're in London, look me up and I'll buy you a pint of flat, warm, English beer (don't that sound tasty?!)

To some, it does. Right after Belgium, I like the brews in the UK next best. Passing by Fullers is like I am "coming home," and I always look for it on both ways to/from LHR. Though I am more of a Samuel Smith's fan, I still love passing Fuller's.

Grand offer!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand (unsteadily) corrected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all I am surprised you did not change Pinning to "All Edges", but OK.

Animate the Wave Height and Wave Width and probably the Phase while you are at it. Just click on the stop watches, move the CTI to the end of the clip (-1 frame) and mess with the settings. That will cause it to move.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't that sound tasty?

Right up there with haggis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, I bet it is going to be awesome. And flat  English warm beer? Yumm! I'll take you up on that invitation. Could go to some smelly loud pub and scream about after effects and cheesy transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops used my colleague's account to reply to that! I wonder how that hapened. Sorry Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines